Thursday, March 4, 2010

Why was I surprised?

If you did not know, my Thursday's are full! I barely have enough time to eat lunch and it's right back to class. For dinner, I have enough time to take a 30 minute nap, go find some dinner and it's class time again! I am not complaining. I mean, my Thursday's being so full is the reason I have a 4-day weekend!! But it does make for an uncomfortable entire day with achy feet, back, head, and mind! So I was not looking forward to it at all. In fact, I almost cried when I saw my schedule. Literally. I was sitting in the back of a cab with Stan right after we got our schedules, and I almost started crying.

Last night, (Wednesday) I was kicking myself for getting so upset about it. I pulled myself together and had a talk with the Father. I asked him to help me have a good attitude about my schedule and to help me have a good day tomorrow. Well, I did. Imagine that. Frustrating things happened that only happen in a classroom in China, but I didn't get frustrated. Those things didn't ruin my day. I got such encouraging text messages from my friend's in China. (Thanks, by the way) I was surprised I had such a good day when I was on my feet the entire day, save 3 or 4 hours, over explaining everything and exhausting myself with little to eat. Why was I surprised? Ask and ye shall receive, right? Right, but I was surprised. I was studying in the great book of James. In the first chapter, he tells us that when troubles come our way, we need to stick it out! If we stick it out and let things happen, we become more mature and grow. I learned something this week. I had fun today, and I will remember this verse every Thursday. That's just a start! Thanks for reading and don't forget to think about me in China! I love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your classes. Hang in there! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never be surprised! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of times we are surprised in the Power. It is SO visible to us in so many ways and we just miss it because we don't expect it. I am glad that your Thursdays are something positive now.
    I love you.....Layna, MIL

    ReplyDelete