Sunday, March 21, 2010

KTV

If you don't know what it is, you're in for a treat! Some of my students from last semester invited Stan and I to go to KTV with them. This is Karaoke- Chinese style! They do it way different in China, let me tell ya. In stead of getting up in front of a lot of people, you go to KTV and rent a room for you and your friends. I asked Jane, one of my students who invited us, how long we will be at KTV. She said, "We usually stay about 4 hours." 4 hours. 4 HOURS! I laughed when I saw her reply (via text). So we made the trip on the bus downtown to KTV. The one they took us to was suitable for us because they had a lot of English songs from which to choose!

We walked in and it looked like a 5 star hotel lobby! Of course all the people standing at the front desk were staring at Stan and I as we walked in, well, because we are foreigners. Here is a picture of the lobby and some fun we had while waiting to get a room.

So the girl at the desk gets us signed in and walks us to our room. This is us on the way to our room. Notice how colorful it is with the neon lights! And look at the walls how they have stuff jutting out!

And this is our room! Stan is sing-sing-singin! That's Jane sitting next to Stan. Sorry it's kinda blurry, the lighting was weird in there.


They had a buffet room, included in the cost of the room. This is what they got for the Americans to eat. Steak and ice cream. haha :)


This is Yuki singing and that's Vivian beside her! That's how it's done...you just sit on the couch and sing your song!



Me and Jane :)
This is Jane singing what I like to call "The Ukelele Song" simply because it's a bunch of Chinese words I don't know and the girl is playing a ukelele. :)




This is Paul singing a song called "Julia" but he kept saying "Juliane" and they all thought it was hilarious! Well, it was. haha!




This is Roy and Jane singing "Dimples". It's pretty popular because I hear it everywhere I go!




Here's the whole gang! We had a blast together!
Even though we had planned on staying 4 hours, we were dissapointed to find out that you can only rent a room for 3 hours on the weekends because it is soooo busy! We still had fun!

We have had a lot more contact with our students this semester than last and we are feeling really productive. HE is doing a lot and we are happy to see the effects of it. We have eaten lunch with some students this week and are making more friends. Our hope is that these friendships do not just make it to friendship, that they become something more. Be thinking about that please. I hope you enjoyed the pictures and videos! Thanks for reading, and don't forget to think about me in China! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment