Friday, March 26, 2010

Teaching Re-cap

This week the Proverb I used said, "Do not withhold good from those who need it, when you have the ability to help." I asked my students to tell me who they can help... they were reluctant at first because they HATE to volunteer information, but after I asked the question 3 different ways, they began to give me answers. I thought a few of these were interesting...

The Disabled, old, young, poor, women who are pregnant, women, people who are ill, beggars, prisoners, people in disaster, animals, the lonely, foreigners, teacher. And yes, they help me with things that are in Chinese and I have no idea what it says! haha!

A few of these surprised me because I wouldn't think they would consider these to be people we should help. It was very heart warming to hear it coming out of their mouths. Knowing this could mean their hearts very well could be ready for something more than just a lesson on a Proverb was encouraging as well! Keep these students in your Thoughts! I told them they had a homework assignment to complete for next week. I told them to help just three people and then email me what they did. So far I have gotten many many emails and messages about helping people. I've been telling them how special it is to help someone and show your love. Think about this as you Think about me and Stan in China. Thanks for reading! And I love you all!!

2 comments:

  1. I love what you are doing with wise sayings. These generate deep thoughts and stir the inner self. Having them help and report gives you good insight into who is being impacted. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are teaching such powerful things to those young hearts. So many doors are opening for them to take advantage of and for you to take advantage of. It is a wonderful thing ! ! !
    Layna

    ReplyDelete