Monday, November 16, 2009

You Ran Over My Foot!!!

This, I think might be what a man was saying earlier this week. If I could understand Chinese when spoken so very quickly, I would be able to translate it accurately. My apologies for that. Stan and I were coming in from class the other day. It was raining and very cold! We were crossing the battle field...I mean the street and I heard a man start yelling! We had already gotten across the street and I looked back to see what was happening. He was yelling at a car that was right next to him. Touching him. The car stops, and the honking ensues. Honk! Honk! Honk! No one behind this car knows what is going on, but everybody is honking! The man yelling takes off his shoe and sock (keep in mind it is raining and frigid) and starts pointing at his foot to a bystander. The nice bystander is looking at the foot, be he cannot do anything about it, in fact, he had nothing to do with it! We decided this was not our fight and went on to our apartment.

I tell you that because last night our American friend Benjamin Faust got his foot ran over by a car last night! He is fine, but he is such a funny guy and it always seems he gets into the funniest situations. The picture below is him!
Number 1: He was having his blood taken for the Health Inspection and they couldn't find a vein, well he started to get light headed and he knew he was going to faint, and he knew he needed some water. As he was going down he just quietly said the Chinese word for water: "Shui" pronounced "Shway". So, no we call him "Shui"! haha

Number 2: Poor thing got kidney stones a week ago. The hospital didn't give him any pain killers, only antibiotics. He didn't eat for 3 days! Luckily I could relate to him, having some of my own about a year ago. (And I was able to slip a couple of pain killers I had brought along the way.)

Number 3: As I mentioned before, he got his foot ran over by a car! Anyway, he is a fun guy. I stole this picture from facebook. shhhhh

This is just a little experience in China! I hope you enjoyed! Thank you for reading! I love you all and don't forget to think of me in China!

2 comments:

  1. Poor guy! I am happy I can comment! I would be so afraid of those streets!! Love, Mommy

    ReplyDelete