Saturday, November 14, 2009

I miss the smell of Fall

Being in China, it has gone from hot, muggy weather we are use to in Tennessee to cold, rainy, and windy. There was not really any "Fall" weather. It really isn't getting to me too badly, but I do miss the smell of Fall. I was reading my sister's blog, Christine. (if I knew how to link her page, I would. :) I still have to figure that out.) Anyway, I was reading her blog and she mentioned the smell of Fall, and I thought, "Man, I remember that, and I miss that." There aren't any hay rides, big fat pumpkins to carve, or bonfires. I am not saying this to make anyone feel sorry for me, I am only logging my thoughts and feelings through this journey.

On a lighter note, I think I am opposite of everyone. haha. Well, the reason I say that is because this weather is NOT getting me down, but I think it is getting everyone else down. My experience has been opposite of everyone's. When we first got here, I did not love this country. It was very hard on me to live here. All I wanted to do was go home. Well, that's not all I wanted to do. But After a couple of weeks, I was fine, and by the time we were able to go home for the wedding, I didn't feel the need to anymore (although it was very nice.) I am feeling like I like this place more than I use to. Maybe I am going through the "honeymoon" phase late, or maybe not. Some people here are having a hard time not being home for the upcoming holidays, but for some reason, I am not. The holidays are getting close, and I am even gonna be in class on those days! But for some reason, I am not feeling sad. Don't get me wrong, I love and miss my family, and that is what the holidays are about, but I think I have a purpose with the way I am feeling. I am wondering if my purpose for not having a hard time with the holidays is because I need to encourage my friends who ARE having a hard time with it. Doing something nice for them. Because I have been wondering why am I not suffering from sad feelings, when others are, who are in the same position as I am? Just some thoughts, I would like yours! Thanks for reading and don't forget to think of me. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment