Monday, November 30, 2009

Reading Makes Me Feel Good

Reading. I love to read, I just need to have a good book because I hate getting into a book and realizing I hate it. I don't want to finish it if it is going to be a bad book, but I have to in order to find out if it has a good ending, it's a vicious cycle. So, I am grateful for the books my mother gave me as an early Christmas present. I have finished two of them and on to the third! I love them, and I cannot wait to finish them! When I am finished with them all, I might need suggestions of other books to read from you all! Life here in China is more laid back than it is in U.S. For one thing, this job is not very hard, because I only work 2 full days a week, and one morning. Not difficult, so I like to find things to fill my time with intent. Reading is one of those things. Talking with students outside of class is another, which brings me to my next point. If you did not have a chance to read my blog having to do with our meeting we will have with our students this week, you should: here. Anyway, we are meeting with them tomorrow and we are excited! They are coming to our apartment to practice their English and we are going to have a listening activity with them. I think it is important to show them we love them and care about them. We are opening our home to them, in hopes we will convey this message. A great man once said,

"Love is not rude, it is not self-serving, ti is not easily angered or resentful. It is not glad about injustice, but rejoices in the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

I love that last part. "Love endures all things." All things. Love is not easy, especially if you are feeling badly about a particular country and missing yours. That is being self-less, showing love. I think it is so very important to show people we love them and enduring all things to show that, is what it takes sometimes. Thanks for reading and thinking about me. I love you all!

3 comments:

  1. I like this post. I'm glad you like the books. I think you might be having your meeting right now. it is 8:10p.m. your time. Love you, Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you have a book by Pearl S. Buck in your picture, is it "The Good Earth"? i like that one, I am a huge fan of Steinbeck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! IT is "The Good Earth" My mother bought it for me and that is the third book I am starting on! So I haven't gotten into it yet, but I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete