Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My 2 New Best Friends

When I came to China, I came fully prepared for the cold weather because I had heard how it can be miserable if you do not have adequate clothing. Stan and I bought some wool clothing that is easy to layer, breathable and comfortable. We bought some wool socks and I brought enough scarfs, hats and gloves to last a lifetime! I was NOT going to be cold this winter! Even though we have the wool socks, the toes still get cold. Adding into the equation the fact that there is no heat inside the school rooms and I am on my feet all day teaching, does not make the feet any warmer. Secondly, coming in after being outside for a while, you need to thaw out a bit. In America, I might sit by a fire place and thaw out to get warmer quickly. No fireplace here, so we bought a space heater. He's a little guy, but he sure does work! With a 220 plug, it gets hot fast! So these two items below are my two new best friends! The first picture is Crocs with lining. I could wear these barefoot! My feet simply do not get cold while I am wearing them. Even though my heel is half-way exposed, it doesn't get cold. The perfect winter shoe. The second picture is of our friendly little heater. I hope you can find some friends to help you through the cold winter months! Thanks for reading! Don't forget to think of me and I love you all!

4 comments:

  1. That space heater reminds me of the heater that used to be in the bathroom when we were little, and we'd get out of the shower. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get those crocs here because I thought they had little feet.- Elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha they actually stopped binding their feet years ago.

    ReplyDelete