Monday, December 21, 2009

A Trip to Anji

Stan and I were invited to attend a foreign teacher's trip to Anji, a small town in the mountains outside of Hangzhou. Our school was sponsoring the trip and it was an all expense paid trip. We went to the Bamboo Museum. I thought there was a lot of bamboo everywhere in China, but this place had A LOT of bamboo! Everything in the museum was made of bamboo...I'll share a couple of pictures.

Turkey bamboo!

This was a playground made of bamboo. Stan was giving it a try!

And then we got to see some cute Panda's! For some reason the one on the left was touching the other one's head. I found it funny. :)

A bamboo house!!!


Curvy bamboo!! Look on Facebook and you'll see more soon!

Then we got to the hotel and ate dinner. Then we had the rest of the night to do what we wanted to do. The hotel had an activity area on the 2nd floor. Chinese people love Ping Pong and they are awesome at it. Well, we gave it a go. We played with some officials of the school who came with us on the trip. I am sorry I don't have any pictures of them, but we had great fun playing Ping Pong with them! We decided to all play together in a group Ping Pong game where you run around the table and take turns hitting! It was so fun! The next morning, we went skiing. If you would like to call it that. Myself, I do not like to ski. Been there-done that-don't love it. Therefore, I don't do it. Everyone else did though, so I watched their things while they were skiing. I took a couple of pictures of the ski resort. I didn't get any good ones of the slopes, well, because I didn't ski. So if you want to see a video of it, go to Stan's page. It is much different than in America. If you've been skiing, you would know...:)

Here's the lodge. Not very big and you can pick up your gear right inside this room. The section to the left is where you get it.

There were many Chinglish signs I captured on this trip, and those will come in a later post! Looking forward to that one! Thanks for reading and I love you all! Don't forget to think about me in China!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like so much fun!!Love, your mother

    ReplyDelete