Sunday, December 20, 2009

High's and Low's

As you all may or may not know, Danny and Layna are coming here for Christmas! We were supposed to go get them at the airport tomorrow, but there were some complications with their flight and it wasn't looking good that they were going to get to come. So, needless to say we were feeling so many things yesterday when the unknown was lurking above our heads. I was nervous, sad, angry at the weather, overwhelmed and hopeful. All of those things just made my stomach hurt, and I'm sure Danny and Layna were having many of those same feelings. They stayed up all night getting together some things for us in China and then they made it to the airport in time to change their flight to come the 28th. I know they were just exhausted! We were so excited! For a little bit, it looked unlikely they wouldn't get to come and that was a crushing idea. Stan and I were so thoughtful about this and asked for it to be possible for them to come because we knew we needed to see family and we knew they did. We knew it would be good for both of us. I think I have been experiencing a tiny bit of culture shock, because even though China had nothing to do with the flight problems in the USA, I was mad at China. We knew their coming would be so helpful. So we were absolutely delighted and ecstatic when we heard they actually were going to get to come! And because of the flight change, they are going to stay 2 days longer! So, that's good news! Well, that's all...I just needed to regurgitate my feelings about today. Thank you so much for reading, and I love you all! Don't forget to think about me in China!

2 comments:

  1. Regurgitate.....a good word for all the feelings I was having....While standing at the ticket counter I was still SO very hopeful....but the look on the girl's face was not hopeful at all....never, NEVER been so disappointed in mhy whole life. BUT, we still get to come and so happy for that. I love you, dear "daughter". Another countdown.....
    Mather in law

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juliane, just found your blog and have been reading about all your adventures! I am so glad you are sharing, it's so neat to experience China vicarously (spelling?) through your blogs. I am praying for you and Stan and the great work you are doing. I also pray Stan's parents get to come and visit with you guys. Miss you bunches!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete