Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Cheer!

For those of you who do not know, when I lived in the States, I had a bell which was attached to a string and I wore it from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas. This bell is called my "Christmas Cheer" bell. This year is a little different because we are in China. I forgot to bring my Christmas Cheer with me. :( Luckily, China celebrates Christmas to a certain extent! I was able to find a Santa hat and some bells that will be sufficient for some Christmas Cheer. But my dilemma is that I have nothing to tie around these bells. I am still on a hunt for some ribbon of some sort to tie around the bells so I can tie them around my neck! :) Here is a picture of the wonderful hat and Christmas Cheer!


I bought these items in preparation for the Christmas Holiday, a couple of days before Thanksgiving. Much to mine and Stan's surprise, we got a big package in the mail about a week ago! It was from Amber Ferrell! She and I were suite mates in college and she was a good friend of ours in college and still is! We were so excited because it was unexpected, and those are the best! So we opened it up and this is what we found!


Christmas hats! Christmas Tree Ornaments! Christmas Ties that sing! And a Christmas game!! We were so excited because we were just getting ready to decorate the tree (that will be a later post!) so we were ready to dive in! I didn't need the hat that I bought, because she sent us hats that were much cooler than the one I bought! Thank you Amber!! We love you and really appreciate what you did! It brought much happiness to us!!

Before I go, let me ask something from you all. I have been getting a couple of comments on here that are anonymous and not signed, but I do not know who you are if you don't sign it. I love all the comments! It lets me know this log of events of my time in China is not a lost cause! So, please remember to sign your name, then I'll know who you are!! :) Thanks! I love you all and thank you for reading! Don't forget to think about me in China!

4 comments:

  1. That package made me cry!! That was so sweet of Amberrrrr!! Very nicepost!Love, Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber "done good"! You look like Christmas Cheer ! ! ! I love you.....Mather in law

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I was probably one who didn't sign my name. I thought for sure you would recognize "Doe Doe." : ) Loving and thinking about you guys.

    ReplyDelete