Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Fun Weekend

I just got back from a fun filled weekend in Shanghai with my friends! Michael Bowen told me I'd better make this blog- let's see what was that? Oh yeah, "funny, touching, and totally unexpected". I hope I meet his expectations. I even have pictures and videos as visual aides! I will begin with "funny": As we were going up the escalator from one of the Subway stations, there were some cute little boys in front of us and they thought it would be fun to ride the hand rail up the whole way. They were so cute and having so much fun! Yes it was a little dangerous, but their parents were right there. Then, MY little boy decides it would be fun to do the same thing! It was so "funny"! I had to record it happening! The other little boys didn't know what to think. I'm sorry this video is sideways, it's the only way I could get it all! I think they were just enjoying themselves, as was the other "little boy". ;)



Now on to "touching": After having a horrible thing happen on Thursday night with the college girl getting hurt by the car, it was so nice to get away out of this city and explore a new one. Even though we have been to Shanghai before, it was a whole new experience because we did lots of different things! We were able to get our minds off of the situation in Hangzhou. I think it was important for us to get out of that element and refresh ourselves. It was very nice to be around friends! We got to meet with some family from Singapore on Sunday morning for the weekly meeting. There were some Chinese people there too! It was great to meet with them and know we are all connected around the world, no matter what language we speak. I hope this was "touching". It was to me. :) Here is a video of an adorable Chinese girl who was there with us on Sunday morning. You will want to take her home with you like me, Kris, and Rebecca wanted to!



Now for totally unexpected: Me, Kris, and Rebecca were introduced to a glasses market. It was insane. I had no idea this place existed in the world until only recently. It was amazing and we all got new glasses for really cheap! So cheap, I got two pair! haha!! I paid 350 RMB for TWO pair of prescription glasses! That is about 50 USD. I was so excited! I had heard about this place from Callie Mitchell about a month ago and wanted to get some before I left China. Well, I hoped it would happen this weekend, but did not think it was likely because not everyone wanted to do this! Well, it was "totally unexpected" that we would be able to go and get TWO pair of glasses! I was so excited!! I have a video and a couple pictures of me in my new glasses! The video is just a fraction of the entire place! Enjoy!



Number 1 pair of glasses.


Number 2 pair of glasses!

I hope to get more pictures and videos on Facebook soon! Thank you for reading! I love you all, and don't forget to think about me in China!

4 comments:

  1. Two of your videos didn't come through....the one of "your little boy" going down the escalator and the one of the glasses place.
    Good blogs.....I love you...Mather in law

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....nevermind, they finally came through....stupid computer !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice glasses. Wish we had a place like that here. Loved the videos expecially the "little" boys sliding down the escalator. Love you much. Aunt Sandra (I think I forgot to sign the last comment.)

    ReplyDelete