Thursday, December 3, 2009

Teaching re-cap

I just finished my 12th week of teaching in China. I did something with my students that I did as a child. My students are still doing their presentations for half of the class, so after the presentations, I explained The ABC game to them. I explained we were going to write a short story as a class out loud. I explained I would start the story with the first word "All" and they needed to begin with a word that started with the letter B. The next person started with C and so on. We went around the room and they had a blast with it! They loved it! A few of the classes did not do so well, but others were very creative and made long sentences that made sense! I was so happy when that happened! Here are two of the best stories we wrote as a class:

"All boys can do everything for girls, however, I just keep loving my Nate. Other people quarrel really silently tonight. Usually visitors worry. X-men, yesterday zipped apple butter. Cows don't eat fresh grass, however, I just kill leisurely. My nephew often plays." We went around the room 1 and a half times with this class. Nate is a boy in that class. I whispered in the girls ear sitting next to him to chose his name as the word for the letter "N". haha! They thought that was hilarious! After class, Nate told me he felt like a victim and laughed and said "Bye bye teacher". If I had said that, I would have been mad, but he thought it was so funny I had picked on him a little.

This is the story from the class I just finished today:

"All boys cry. Different elephants fight greatly. Hot ice-cream just kills love. Many notes open power quickly. Real secrets towards USA. Volunteers wait. X-men yet zero. Apples become cake dangerously. Eat fruit gladly." Like I said, some classes did better than others, and some struggled at certain parts. But I think they did pretty good! They are so fun to be around and this week was no exception! Thanks for reading and don't forget to think about me in China! I love you all!!

2 comments:

  1. I love when I am the first to comment :) This sounded like a lot of fun. ByBye teacher, so cute! Love, Ya Mudda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounded like it was really fun. I am sure you made Nate feel important.
    I love ya....MIL

    ReplyDelete