Monday, November 22, 2010

Weather!!

I was looking back through some of my blog posts which I posted a year ago at this time. It's interesting to look back and be able to relive what I was feeling at the moment because this year has been so different for a number of reasons, but it all stems from one in my mind: Weather. I was blogging about this last year at this time. It was so ridiculously cold at this time last year...it just makes me cringe to think about it. I don't have to explain it all to you again, but I will remind you (or tell you for the first time if you have recently joined) that it was raining, hovering around freezing, it's really humid in Hangzhou, and you walk everywhere you go. SO...you wanna know how this year has been? FANTASTIC! Even though it has rained some this year, it's nothing compared to last year. Nothing. Also, the lowest the temperature has gotten was 45 degrees, and that was only two nights ago! I only had 3 layers on (counting my coat) and at this time last year I was wearing almost everything in my closet! I'm just so grateful the weather is more bearable. It seems silly to dwell on something like that, but the weather matters even more here. It matters more because you are out in the elements more.

One thing which stems from the weather change is the fact that our students are out and about more...and so are we. Students actually want to come to lunch with us, and not just run back to the dorm because of how miserable it is outside. We want to be outside and doing more things with students; taking opportunities to share Him with them! I'm grateful for last year, because it makes me appreciate this year so much more. It helps me to be more optimistic about why we are here. It gives me perspective, and I am grateful. So, for this Thanksgiving, this is what I am most thankful for. Yes, I am thankful for friends and family and for sure what He has done for me...but I like specifics. And I'm being specific! :) I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving day!! I love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Stan! I love your specificity. It is great that the weather allows your to interact more with your students--not to mention the fact that it is much more comfortable for you, too. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good post!! I love that you were able to remember what you were doing this time last year. I tell you what, BLOGS ARE AWESOME!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and full-of-thanks blog. I, too, am thankful for your better weather. I know it helps with every kind of feeling that you have about being there. (I hope that makes sense to you. lol)
    A great Thanksgiving blog.....
    I love you ! ! !
    Layna

    ReplyDelete