Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Chinglish Time again! (Part 1)

I really have way too many and I waited too long to put them onto one blog, so I'm gonna have to split this one up! We've been a couple different places the past couple of weekends (Lingshan, Yellow Mountain, Ningbo) and I've gotten a lot from these trips. So, I am just going to start from the top to the bottom. I'll let you know which ones are from which trip! I think most of these are from Hangzhou around town and Lingshan. Enjoy!


I keep trying to crop this one to make it smaller so you can read it, but it just won't work! It says, "Polite Language and No Noising". Ha!





Hypermarket...I think they meant Supermarket.



This was on the school computer screen in my classroom.











Multifuntional?





Form What Here?












This one is funny to me because it says, "Drink Coca-Cola in bottles" and it's on a mug! haha



This is just not a good idea to make this the name of your store...



Supposed to be "Tuna Pizza" And it tastes exactly how you think it would taste.


Well that's half of them...Part two will come shortly! Thanks for reading and I love you all!

5 comments:

  1. Good selection Juliane! Glad you're still keeping up with these. They always make my day.
    And I know exactly where that last one is from! I'll never forget the look on your face when your delicious tuna pizza showed up at the table:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are my favorite ! ! ! Thanks for keeping up the Chinglish ! ! !
    Love ya !!
    Layna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like Chinglish. :) Although its days may be numbered, as I've read that they're trying to do away with it. I do sympathise to some degree because I've been absolutely disgusted with some of the "words" that have made it into the OED. I really do understand wanting to protect your language.

    But if Chinglish is done away with, things like this will disappear:

    "Tender, fragrant grass. How hard-hearted to trample".

    Personally, I think that's much better than "Keep off the grass"! The way I see it is that if a translation is vital, say legal or business matters, bring in a professional translation agency to do it. But if it's not doing any harm, leave Chinglish where it is.

    ReplyDelete