Thursday, April 8, 2010

Teaching Re-cap

This week was a blast! Sometimes these students say things that are so thought provoking, and sometimes they say things that are absolutely hilarious! The Proverb I used this week was as follows: "Do not wear yourself out to become rich; be wise enough to restrain yourself." Before I wrote this on the board, I asked my students to tell me what their goals are. Here are a couple of examples of what my students goals are.

"I would like to be healthy and happy everyday, and if possible I would like to be a CEO of a company. And also if possible, I would like to found a business to help the poor." ~ Sam

"I want to invent a machine to keep my hair clean everyday, because I hate washing my hair." ~ Hilary

"I want to be a breaking dancer." (break dancer) ~ Shy

"I want to buy an island in the Pacific and be the queen of it."

"I want to be happy and live as an Eskimo."

"I want to be superwoman and heal the world." ~ Livia

Ha! They crack me up! We talked about the importance of money in life, but that it is not the most important thing. We finished up class by playing a game. And that's class in a nutshell! Thank you for reading and don't forget to think about me in China! I love you all!!

2 comments:

  1. If only Americans would live out the wise sayings! Too often we spend ourselves chasing after the wind. Keep your students in wisdom! You are doing good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing what your students say. And yes, some are pretty funny. But after being in your classes, I understand the things you say about them a little more. LOVE IT ! ! ! and love you...
    Layna

    ReplyDelete