Friday, April 9, 2010

Hello's and Thank you's

Ok, so I'm feeling a little guilty about not doing a blog about our wonderful trip through Southeast Asia. Well, maybe this small one will make up for it. We did so much and hopefully you can look at all the pictures on Facebook! Anyway, on our trip, the words we learned to say in the countries we traveled were "Hello" and "Thank you". These are the essentials, you know. Here's the list of all the words we learned and the countries in which we learned them! (I am spelling these out phonetically for you.)

Hello's
Cambodia (Khamer- pronounced "Kuh My"): Sue Seh Dye
Thailand: So Wa Tee Kah
Vietnam: She Chow
China: Knee How

Thank you's
Cambodia (Khamer- pronounced "Kuh My"): Ah Kuhn
Thailand (female): Kahp Koon Kah
Thailand (male): Kahp Koon Krub
Vietnam: Gahmb Uhn
China: Shea Shea

If you count my own language and add Spanish to that, ("Hola" and "Gracias") and French ("Bonjour" and "Au revior") that makes 7 languages! I know how to speak in 7 different languages!! (It doesn't matter if it's just hello and thank you, right?) Right. Well, thanks for reading and don't forget to think about me in China! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment