Thursday, April 15, 2010

Romeo and Juliet

I was planning to do this blog before now, but I hadn't gotten to it yet. So I had decided to do it today. Then I got a message on my last blog from Ashely (a college friend, now blogging buddy) and she asked if she could call me Juliet! Well, I know I mentioned Juliet in the last blog, but I thought it was funny that she asked that, and I had decided to do this blog today. I hope that wasn't confusing...haha, anyway...


Stan and I have some friends who are students on our campus. They are "skaters". They are incredibly talented! This is an example of what they can do! It's not them, but they do things like this everyday on our campus! (The video doesn't have sound, but it's still cool!) We haven't gotten good footage of them during the day because we always see them at night time, and the video ends up not turning out good! So, we hang out with them after our night classes we teach and they are great fun! One night about a month ago, Stan and I were talking to them and they said we should have Chinese names. So we said, "Ok, you name us." They said my name is Juliane and so close to "Juliet". They asked us if we knew the story of Romeo and Juliet, and I said yes! They told us there is a Chinese love story just like that story and it is so "romatica". They told us our names should be these two names. So, now we have Chinese names! My name is (phonetically): Tsu Ing Tie. And Stan's name is (phonetically): Leeong Shong Boa. So there you have it! Two blogs about Juliet in a row! haha! So if you come to see us, you have to call us by those names when you are around these kids! Ok, ok, you don't have to. :) Thanks for reading and don't forget to think about me in China! I love you all!!

1 comment: