Thursday, September 17, 2009

I have a curfew


I just realized something today. I have a curfew. A curfew that is only enforced by my change purse. Stan and I like to go downtown and visit with out friends, Kyle and Rebecca Hooper, and Kris and Michael Bowen. It is about a 20 minute bus ride, and it’s really not that bad if we can get a seat on the bus. BUT...if we want to hang out with our friends until 10:00 or 10:30 PM, we cannot take the bus back.

Ok,let me break it down for ya. So a bus ride costs 2 kwai if you want air conditioning, and 1 kwai if you don’t, per person. (1 kwai is equal to 15 U.S. cents.) A taxi costs 17 to 18 kwai from Kyle and Rebecca’s school. The bus stops picking up passengers, (chen ka men...in Chinese) at 9:30 P.M. So, basically I have a 9:30 curfew. haha, it’s funny to think about it that way. Sometimes we just stay an extra hour if we feel like it and just take a taxi. Everything is so cheap here anyway! Well, this was a short blog, but a fun one right!? Yeah. Oh, and sorry the picture is kind of blurry, but that is a Hangzhou taxi right there. Well, thanks for thinking of us! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment