Monday, September 7, 2009

Are they afraid of the sun?


Well hello there friends! I’m so glad you have decided to join me on my journey to China! I’m glad you can visit me here at this site! I’m a little new to blogging, so hopefully it won’t be too boring. With that being said...

We got here late last night and went to sleep. When I woke up this morning and looked out the window, I saw lots of umbrellas walking around, but it wasn’t raining. I told Stan to hurry and come to the window, because there were a bunch of girls walking around with umbrellas. It was so funny to me! I realized after going out and walking around, that they don’t like for the sun to touch their faces. They like to keep their skin as white as it can possibly be! And that is why they carry around umbrellas! It’s so funny, because in America we spend days at a beach, trying to do the opposite to our skin.

We also met with our Waiban today. (A waiban is someone who works at the foreign affairs office. Our waiban’s name is Vincent.) Ok, so we met with him today to talk about when we would start classes (since we got here yesterday, we were hoping it would be later than sooner). So we asked him, and he said, “Classes start tomorrow! So you not have much time!” Uh...yeah, that’s right.

After meeting with Vincent Sunday, we got to meet with our 5 other friends and it was very much needed. It was a hectic Sunday, but a good one. I’m excited to learn more about this country. So tune in later to learn more with me!

Note: I did not take this picture. I don’t have a camera yet. I googled it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment