Sunday, February 20, 2011

Back to Business!

Before we left for our trip to Vietnam, we were given our schedules for this term's classes. This was surprising to us because in the past, we have been given our schedules the day before classes started. Along with our schedule, would be the books we were to use for the semester. Yes, a day, one day before we were to be teaching, we would receive the book - oh yeah, and we are to teach 70% of the book.

Yeah, so anyway we were given our schedules and here is mine:



What was more surprising about this schedule than the fact that they gave it to us so early was that is didn't change. When they gave it to us before the Holiday, I thought, "Ok, thanks. But this'll change." But it did not! And here we are...

Luckily, I have seen something like this long enough that I know what it means. "You know how to read that" you say? OH No! I just know what day is in what block, and I know that that number is the class number, and that number is what room I am in, etc. etc.

Also luckily, I am nice enough to translate for you. But I won't bore you with the details, I'll just let you know what days and time I am teaching. This semester I have it a little different than last semester. If you remember, I taught a lot of AV classes last semester, and that 1 pesky Culture class. But this time, I only have Oral English. This means it is much less stressful on me because I have to do only one lesson plan a week, as opposed to the prior 4 lesson plans a week. (Yes, I was pulling my hair out, but I've moved on) :)

Alright, so here we go:

Monday: Nada
Tuesday: Nada
Wednesday: 8:00-11:35 (lunch break!) 1:30-4:45
Thursday: 10:00-11:35 (lunch break!) 1:30-3:05 (dinner break!) 6:00-7:30
Friday: Nada... until the 12th week. (8:00-9:35)

For the last 6 weeks of school, I must double up on some classes. "Why" you ask? Oh, ok I'll tell you. I have absolutely no idea! That's just the way it is. I have to teach 2 different classes 3 more times than regular. Weeks 12-14 I am doubling up on one class and weeks 15-17 I am doubling up on another. No reason has been given to me, and I don't really mind... just doesn't make sense. So, from May 8th, (Mother's Day) on to the rest of the semester I will be teaching Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

The cool thing about this semester is that mine and Stan's schedule is pretty close together. He teaches mostly on Wednesdays and Thursdays too! He has two classes on Mondays, but that's pretty much the only difference! So, that's pretty cool!

We've learned a lot from last year and last semester, and we're happy to put it into practice! Thanks for reading! I love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Can't beat that schedule! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice that yours and Stan's schedules are similar! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seems like a much better schedule. You all wore yourselves out last semester trying to go to each others' classes.
    I can't wait for your students to get to know you. (or maybe they are repeat students from last semester???) They are SO VERY fortunate to have you as their teacher, either again or for the first time.
    Many thoughts coming your way....
    I love ya,
    Layna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!! I know you'll do a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete