Monday, December 6, 2010

Date Weekend 5.0

Stan and I have a date weekend every year the weekend he proposed to me! This year is no different! This is the 5th annual date weekend! We always stay somewhere other than our house and it's fun! This year we went to West Lake (famous in China) and it's right in our city! We have been there many times, but when you are staying in a hotel close by, it's more fun! So, here's what we did...


This is obviously a picture of the bed


They had laundry detergent beside the sink in the bathroom! haha!






Here's a pic with the curtain down...


And one with it up!


Just to give you a better idea of what's going on here...






After getting settled in, we went to a curry place called "The Banana Leaf".


Cool chairs! I promise, I told him to smile!


One thing I forgot about this place is that they make you get up and dance or sing with them. I mean it, they are relentless! They don't give up and it's embarrassing either way, if you deny or give in to the begging! She took my phone from me and took a picture of us! Haha!


Then we came back to the hotel and got a foot massage! Our people were cool!


Then one of them wanted to get pictures with us after!


Then it was his turn!


And we don't exactly know who this was, but he wanted a picture too...


After the massage, we went back to the room and decided to watch a movie. This is how we decided. Stan threw the movies in the air and I said head or tails.


This was the verdict...


We ended up not watching either because one of the stopped working and the other didn't seem like a good movie. We watched "The Princess and the Frog" instead. Cute movie!

Here we are on Sunday...good picture of the husband smiling...


And then...


It got a little crazy...


The end!


Thanks for reading! I love you all!

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you all had a good time..For the record, Stan is smiling (sort of) in the foot massage picture as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that!! Y'all are too cute!! That is a super cute tradition!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has to be the biggest bed in all of China! (or Stan has gotten shorter)

    Glad you had an enjoyable celebration. Thinking of you and your work.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you all still do this for date weekend. Such a fun time and memory for the two of you.
    That is the first bed in China that I've seen that looked comfortable. Was it?
    Did the foot massage come with the room? I am all about the Chinese traditions and their massages. I hope one is on the agenda for when we are there.
    I love ya,
    Layna

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as you said "The Banana Leaf" I started wondering if they made you dance. I didn't know they made people sing too! That's hilarious! Did you do "Don't Stop Believing"? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! I always knew that you had a date weekend, but I guess I always just thought that it was a random weekend. I feel so enlightened. haha.

    ReplyDelete