Monday, December 20, 2010

Feeling Reminiscent! :)

I follow a lot of blogs, and a lot of my blog-y friends are reminiscing about Christmas' past. So, I figured I would do the same cuz ya know, it's fun! The first "picture" that popped into my mind when I was thinking about Christmas when I was little was every year when we would pile on the couch and watch, "It's a Wonderful Life." I can remember after we watched the movie we would ask our parents if we could stay up late. They would let us because we were ON CHRISTMAS BREAK! Which was sooooooo funnnnn!! I can remember thinking, when I would be walking to the car or bus, "I don't even have to THINK about school for 2 WHOLE WEEKS!!! AND... IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!!" Sooo excited! So we would stay up late... all the way until 10:30!! Haha, I don't remember exactly what time, but I know it wasn't very late at all! lol!

Another thing we always did was go see the Christmas lights at Opry Land Hotel! We would also go around and look at lights in the neighborhoods which were supposed to have really good lights, but we always decided in the end our house looked the best!

One thing I remember from college (I know, I know, it wasn't that long ago...) about Christmas, has to do specifically about Christmas music! Me and Elise made the drive home from Freed Hardeman for Thanksgiving one year. I walked in the door and my dad was sitting in his recliner and my mom was in the kitchen. I said hi and then I said, "Ummmm, where is the Christmas music?!" I got on to him because he ALWAYS plays Christmas music as soon as it is acceptable. (Some would argue too soon, but you are a scrooge! Yes, Thanksgiving is important, but I love Christmas music!...ahem...)

Moving on...I was a bit disappointed because wanted to post some pictures of way back when, and I don't have access to any old pictures because I am over here in China, ya know. And (I know you're not supposed to start a sentence with "and"...but just give me a break! :) ) then I thought to myself, "I'll just hop on over to Facebook because I know my mom and Christine, my sister have some old photos of us when we were little. This will probably explain the recent comments on some of these very old pictures posted years ago! haha! And someone, *cough* Christine *cough* deleted her old facebook account with all the old school pictures in it....so I don't have as many as I would like! :)

Anyway, this first one I think might have been during Christmas because for a couple years we always wanted wind breaker suits and Elise is sporting hers proudly here! Haha!





Here is a more recent picture of what Christmas has done to me! This is what I like to call my "Christmas Cheer!"


I think I got it from someone else...yup, we're related. That's my dad with his dad!


This is a couple years ago at my grandparents house! Amy is all snug in her Who Ville Onesie. haha!


My grandparents on my mom's side!


And of course we all love a good big fat meal on Christmas!!

4 comments:

  1. how fun!!! I love that you have old pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Every year we are making memories! We read that Mary treasured certain things in her heart. Make some great memories that will last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ours this year is so not going to be like this...we are just postponing Christmas till we get back from Virginia..the only ones that will be there are Daddy, Amy and I. :( But we will have many more funtimes Christmas times in the future.

    ReplyDelete