Friday, September 3, 2010

This too shall pass

Hello! So here's the deal, we got to Toronto around 9PM their time on the 30th. We went to eat at a near by steak house and it was a good way to wrap up the Summer. We got back to the room and did pretty much nothing, again, a good way to wrap up the Summer. We went to bed and the next morning got up and were prepared to get on the shuttle that took us to the airport. As we were waiting, I had this yucky feeling in my stomach. The whole Summer, I was excited to come back to China because of the good things! But now, as I was standing there waiting for the shuttle to pick us up, I had the opposite feelings. I had just about forgotten all the bad things about China and I had almost unprepared myself for being in that culture again. Being in a culture where the person who walks out of the elevator is finishing their cigarette, and where there is human waste in the corner of the restaurant you are eating. Being in a culture where you feel trapped.

"This to shall pass." I keep reminding myself of that. All of these feelings passed last year and they will this year too...it's just that when you're down in the dumps it's hard to get out of them by yourself. I'm glad I'm NOT by myself (figuratively and literally)! I'm excited for what the year holds and Thinking often about it! Thanks for all of your words of encouragement! Thanks for reading, I love you all!

5 comments:

  1. You are so brave. I admire you so much for being willing to go back to a place that, like me, you weren't the biggest fan of. I'll be Thinking of you constantly. I have been Asking Him to allow you guys to see some Fruit from your labor this year. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you guys! I hope you made it safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I had the best comment ever and my computer went offline and I lost it all ! ! !
    I know that your return is a mixture of hardship and happiness. And I am sorry that you are feeling down in the dumps. But your students are so very fortunate to have you coming into their lives. This is really a sacrifice for you but a huge favor for them.
    Lean on the Everlasting Arms and on your husband when you get down. I am so glad that you can depend on those Arms and each other.
    I am so glad that you are my daughter in law and so very proud of you.
    I love you,
    Layna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking about you and know that you know who is looking out after you. Love you much DD

    ReplyDelete
  5. While you can have those waves of dread because of the knowledge you have, you are also able to use your knowledge to focus on the good things that bring you joy in China. Big brother showed us the way. "Who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of Papa." he b 12,1-4

    He started this race. He finished it. He is cheering you to the finish line. Fix your eyes on him. Fix your eyes on the joy he promises. You will not only get through, you will receive the promised joy!

    ReplyDelete