Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Grass is Always Greener

We've all heard the saying, "The grass is greener on the other side." Stan and I have experienced some irony within this saying during the move to Xiasha.

#1 New apartment! Yay! The new apartment has more room, we have a bigger kitchen...we have a couch!

#2 Friends! We are closer to "everyone" this year. Closer to all the foreigners we know! This is good for our relationship with other people, and each other.

The grass is always greener. Even though these things are great, grand and wonderful... the grass is always greener. With the new, bigger apartment, come more room. More space. More things to clean. Here's the thing, I knew this fact about having more space before, but it was like since we had been in that small space for so long, I had almost forgotten that significant piece of information. Haha! The other day I was sitting on the couch (WE HAVE A COUCH!) and I looked around and said to myself, "This place is a pig sty!!" So I got up and cleaned like a crazy woman! That's when I realized, "Oh yeah, I forgot what it was like to actually clean a house, and not a dorm room." I thought we had it bad with less space, but there really is just less to clean. haha!

Did I mention we have a couch? Oh- well, we have a couch. On which people might sit. They don't have to sit on our bed or just stand awkwardly next to the bed. So, I will show you a picture. This was not our first couch. Our first couch, when we got to this apartment was a coral-colored couch which was broken. So, the school got us a new one....



We like to refer to this one as "The Nickelodeon Couch" I think you know why. :) Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it! I encourage you to enjoy the things and people around you and not hope for the greener grass on the other side. I love you all!

5 comments:

  1. The couch looks modern and old-school at the same time. It confuses me ! ! ! But I like it too.
    Enjoy your greener grass and use it to glorify your Father.
    Love you,
    Layna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Around here we know when the grass is greener it is because it is watered by the septic tank! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought about the couch wasn't Nickelodeon, but that you'd always have a reminder of the Volunteer state while you're over there!

    ReplyDelete