Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sick Sick Sick

Well, we took my parents to the airport in Shanghai, and Stan was feeling sick the whole time. Traveling anywhere when you feel sick to your stomach is not fun. But traveling in China when you are feeling sick is the exact picture of the least amount of fun anyone could possibly have. Did I get my point across? haha, I think so. So anyway, Stan wasn't feelin too hot, and we had to say a quick good-bye to my parents at the airport to catch our train back to Hangzhou.

On the way back, I started to feel a little funny, and my stomach started feeling bad. Well, Wednesday night and all day Thursday, Stan and I were sick in the bed. Stomach problems, yuck yuck yuck! No fun! And if you remember, in my last blog I talked about how we were going out of town on Friday. Well, the day of rest did us some good on Thursday, because we could at least get up on Friday. We still felt a little yucky, but able to move around. The traveling did us no good, and we are still suffering from the effects of it (some of us worse than others.) Keep us in your thoughts please. It's not fun to feel bad wherever you are, but when you are in a foreign country it makes things worse.

We are looking forward to coming home! It's not too far away, and we can't wait! Keep us in your thoughts, thanks for reading! I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. SO sorry that you all have been so sick. Glad that you are feeling better. I guess you have been pretty fortunate to have been in China for so long and just now getting sick from something you ate.
    Haven't been as far away as you are but remember how it was to be sick when I lived in Colorado and so far from family.
    A big hug and kiss to you, daughter in law ! ! !
    Love ya,
    Layna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful you are on the mend. Kyle's newsletter sounds like there were some good times in the travels. I am thanking Papa for those.

    Keep me in your thoughts. I leave for Zambia tomorrow. Will be gone 2+ weeks. Will be teaching in a Good Book College. Looking forward to it, but there are always struggles here that attach to such travels.

    Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete