Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Teaching Re-cap

This past week I did one of the same Proverbs Stan has done in a previous class. I have gotten some good responses, some of which I think are funny. The student might not think it's funny, but I certainly do! haha! The Proverb we talked about wasn't really in Proverbs, it was in the first Thess. 5th Chapter. Verse 15, 16, and 18a. It talks about being thankful toward the end. I gave my class an assignment: "Tell one person you are thankful for them." Simple. I think that they really appreciated being able to do this. Well, I'll just let you read some of them. The funny one is at the end.

I will thank for you ,Juliane.
Because with your help, my English speaking is improving week by week.
I know you haved paied so much on us. You have to prepare the meterial for our class, think about many things in order to let us feel more interesting...
I thank for your all payments.Thank you!


I am thankful for my grandmother. Because she took care of me all the time in my childhood. When I was a child, my mother was busy working, so I always stay at my grandmother's home. She often gave me the best. Now, I grow up, and I will never forget what she did for me. when I can make money, I want to repay my grandmother.

I thanks for my brother .In my childhood ,My parents are busy with their work.so,Most of time,I have got together with my brother.He played with me. And he taught me how to ride bicycle and how to swimming.I think he plays an important in my life.

I thanks my mother.Because she gives me my life.And something she dose for me.
Then my mother heard that ,she was moving.She thanks me ,too.Because I can let her be happy.
Juliane,Thank you ,too.


This one cracks me up. Just the first two lines...

Mum you are a woman sticking to traditions.you are too conservative to keep up with the times.But you are the person I loved best in this
world,for you are kind hearted and warm hearted.you are strict with me and often said to me:You cannot study to hard .
You rise me up,and give me everything I want to have.I love you ,Mum


This one was the response a girl in my class got from her boyfriend when she told him she was thankful for him. What's funny to me is in the second line...

TO dear
I’m so happy to hear that I’m the very person you give thanks to.
In spite of you having a terrible temper, that’s nothing serious to me .I can
Stand. The most important is that I hope you will have endless happiness and
Achieve the goals you have set to yourself.
Yours
boyfriend


I loved reading these and replying to their emails. It was great! Some of them didn't care much about the assignment, but the ones who did were very thoughtful. I feel like this is a good way to see which students truly care about others. That's a good attribute to have, as we all know!

Side note: I got a visitor counter on my blog and it's just cool to see how many people visit! Don't forget to think about me in China! Thanks for reading and I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I love it when you put student responses in your blogs. It is neat to "hear" from them. You are teaching your students so much good and to step outside of their boxes.
    They just do not realize how lucky they are to have you as their teacaher. You are such an important part of their lives. Nice to hear how they are thankful for you as well.
    I love you,
    Layna
    p.s. It will let me leave comments now ! ! ! YAY

    ReplyDelete