Friday, March 4, 2011

Teaching Re-cap 3-4-11

This week with my classes I put them into groups and had them come up with an English family name. I told them they were all going to be a family. Each person in the group represented a member of the family. They had to choose what they wanted to be and how old they were. They had a blast with it! I have some pictures of some of the classes last names. I don't have two of my classes because I was sick earlier in the week and didn't go to those two classes. I'll have theirs later.



The Ma Jiang family chose this because their father gambled all his money away on this traditional Chinese game, Ma Jiang.




The hotdog family chose this name because they love hotdogs.



They chose Lolitata because it sounds like Lady Gaga to them. Oh my...
And the group that chose Helis chose this because each letter in the name was the first letter of everyone's name in the group. Pretty good, I thought!

Some of the names they came up with on their own, and others they had heard in their favorite American TV show or movie. Smith was in almost every class and their reason was "because of the famous movie 'Smith's'" What they meant was "Mr. and Mrs. Smith". Apparently they love that movie. Anyway, that's about it. I hope you enjoyed their last names as much as the first names last week! Thanks for reading! I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. I always love to see what kind of names that they come up with! So funny to me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the "Helis" family was pretty clever. Thanks for sharing. I like to see the names they come up with as well.
    Have a great semester. They have a great teacher ! ! !

    ReplyDelete