Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Say a Little Prayer

Yesterday (Tuesday) Stan was talking to his father on the phone while our tutors were here for our weekly Chinese lesson. He kept popping his head in to let them know he was sorry, but he needed to talk to his dad. They didn't mind. We were just about finished with tutoring anyway, so they just left. When Stan got off the phone he said, "I think I'm gonna go home." I knew that his grandfather had been sick for a while and recently had a heart attack and a stroke at the same time! So, I knew he would need to go home at some point, given his grandfather's health condition. He made arrangements with his classes last night, packed a bag and headed out this morning to Shanghai. It takes a good half a day to get to Shanghai from Xiasha, so he had to leave this morning for his 3ish o'clock flight. He will get into Nashville around 10:00 pm on Wednesday in America. It was a quick decision, but a much needed one. He will be staying in America for almost 2 weeks! So, I'm trying to keep busy! :) Please keep him and his family in your prayers! Thanks so much! I love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Will be praying for not only him and his family, but also you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Juliane ! ! ! I wish you could have come with him. His visit is kind of bitter/sweet since it is for the reason it is and since you aren't with him.
    I love you and miss you ! ! !
    Layna

    ReplyDelete